Re: [NTLK] Quick Newton to Mac text transfer?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 05:50:54 EDT

on 14-08-2001 2:27, Christian Fiutak at cfiutak_at_fiutak.de wrote:

> Try QuickPRESS from Avanti (?).
> One package on your Newton and a little programm on your MAC or your PC.
> And then you are able to drag and drop Notes or Text in both directions.

I found a link to get it for the Mac on
http://macinsearch.com/infomac2/newton/util/quick-press-10.html

(and is 1.0 the last version ?)

> It's not free, but developement has stopped a long time
> ago and the trick to "register" the software is very easy.

Maybe you can give us a clue, since it's "abandonware" anyway.

BTW on my search I ended up on
http://www.planetnewton.com/dailyplanet/PN080419981.html
and much to my amazement I found PN is up and running again.
(though the subscription for the "old" list still doesn't work,
I tried out of curiosity)

Nice to have this huge resource for Newton software back online, though
don't get me wrong, even if they revive the list over there at some point,
I hope that everybody stays united over here.

Robert Benschop