Re: [NTLK] 3Com 3C589D

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 17:12:15 EDT

You might also want to try downloading them from my
site:
http://gng.tek-ed.com/newton
(for those with http1.1 browsers, you can try:
http://newton.tek-ed.com)
I have two of the 3com drivers on there from a
previous request. I had removed them because the
request was no longer needed, but I have put them
back. Check out the link above and see if it works for
you. I do have the correct MIME set up, so it should
work!
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Family <khowe_at_omninet.net.au> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 14, 2001, at 08:54 AM, Rodney
> Withers wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been looking for the mac version of the 3Com
> > driver for 3C589D.
> >
> > I've gone to various sites, mainly chuma.org, to
> > download the pkg however the package seems to be
> only
> > for PC's. I've downloaded the pkg on my mac and
> tried
> > to install it on my Newton 2100 however NCU won't
> take
> > it.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can get this to work on
> my
> > mac NCU 1.0?
> >
> > The pkg version I have been trying to work with is
> > 3comaddon.pkg.
>
> I had no joy when I tried to download them from
> chuma either. You will
> need to drop them on PackType to make them
> understood by NCU, but even
> this didn't work for me. Someone was kind enough to
> email me a version
> that did work, and I have since helped out a few
> others in the same way.
> Let me know if you want me to email you a copy.
>
> Kim Howe
> khowe_at_omninet.net.au

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...