Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: John Del Pizzo (jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 18:23:22 EDT

On 8/13/01 4:49 PM, "Loren Finkelstein" <Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net> so
eloquently stated:
>> There's always Newtourage? Is that portable, ie AppleScript in OS X??
>

> I thought of that, but I believe (John will correct me if I am wrong, I
> hope) you need NCU installed for Newtourage to work.

I did reply to this thread from my delcannsoftware account... But it doesn't
look like the message made it. Anyway...

(1) No, you don't need NCU installed for Newtourage to work. However,
    Newtourage is built on the same technology as NCU (those pesky DILs
    from Paul's earlier email) so it faces the same limitations.

(2) Newtourage works just fine as a Classic application under OS X.

(3) Since Newtourage uses AppleEvents to communicate with Entourage, it
    should work with Entourage for X - even though Newtourage will still
    be a Classic application.

(4) Making Newtourage OS X native depends on the outcome of
    Paul's fairy tale. Here's hoping for happy endings.

Feel free to ask anything else. I'll answer as best I can.

John