Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: Philip Neukom (pneukom_at_ProfitAnalytics.com)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 17:21:25 EDT

Just had to speak up now.

I have been using OSX and syncing my Newt to Now Up To Date/Contact v3.9.2
(using NowSync v2.1) for about 3 months without a hitch. It is actually my
preferred way now. I can swear that the connection is significantly faster
than running native in OS9.1.

I am using a PB Lombard. Connection is via USB port. Using a Keyspan
PDA/USB->serial connector. Newt 120 (don't laugh ... ok?)

One day, just for the hell of it I tried. (I was running out of time before
an appointment and didn't want to reboot). I never loaded any driver for
the Keyspan on OS X.

I did have the Keyspan setup in OS9.1 before trying this. The Keyspan is
setup as a serial device. i.e. still have the Apple ADSP Tool running in
the extentions folder of OS9.1.

Nuke