Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:52:45 EDT

> > Hey, didn't you say you've got the source to NCU? Even if only on paper,
>> wouldn't this code be in there?
>
>No, I'd expect it would be in the DIL source, which no one has.

To put an end to this, nobody has the source of NCU or whatever, it
was a bad joke.

>NCU just
>uses the DIL. Thomas Tempelmann's DIL Tester can do more than just
>install packages, and he hasn't 'cracked' the code (although, c'mon, it's
>just DES, it shouldn't be *that* hard...)

It's not a matter of cracking DES, it's just a matter of reverse
engineering this part of the NewtonOS which fortunately isn't
DES-encrypted ;)

Cracking it could help, though, to finally find the card games easter eggs.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/