Re: [NTLK] OS X

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 14:16:42 EDT

>BTW, paul, is it really so that apple will not give the key if you ask for
>it? it would be plain stupid, in my eyes...

The problem is not the key. Apparently, the protocol involves some
DES-related encryption processing (but what exactly, this isn't
clear), for password protection docking (of course, you first think,
hey, that's ok, we don't need password protection docking, but if you
define no password it's as if you defined "" as the password). I
think it's based on DES-key manipulation, but open source code I've
found for DES encryption don't use the same algorithm.

And asking Apple is like talking to the wind, except that the wind
sometimes answers.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/