[NTLK] eMate to iMac?

From: b|indwo|f (blindwolf_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 16:38:03 EDT

Some of you may remember from "eMateU: a tradgedy of batteries". Well, I
decided to take Paul Nuernberger's advice and set out to do whatever was
necessary to install these pkg's... I have never done this before... only
had my MP130 for a month prior to getting my eMate and hadn't gotten around
to figuring out how.

So. My problem is that all solutions for connecting my iMac to eMate seem
to presuppose that I can already install pkg's... which I can't without
first connecting... why? no serial port.

What I have:
iMac233MHz Rev A / MOS 9.1
eMate 300 w/NT Upgrade / NOS 2.1
Farallon PN595
Farallon PhoneNET (serial to 2 RJ11 jacks)
US Robotics 28.8 CruiseCard (XJA3288)
MP130 / NOS 2.0
Some 5/12 Flash Cards
A Newt Keyboard
Tears

Using these things... and an internet connection obviously... how can I
connect my eMate 300U to the iMac so I can install the pkg's so I can test
Paul's battery theory?

God I Love this....

b|indwo|f
"I am not left handed either!" - from the cache