Re: [NTLK] wearing out internal memory? (longish)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 13:18:28 EDT

>But this may only apply to storage cards and not internal ram, although they
>sound similar in theory.

I think indeed they do, but internal flash probably last longer.
However, I wonder if the calibration lost alert isn't a warning of a
worn out block, although I remember evocating it here or there, and
it seemed to be a bad theory.

>P.S. perhaps it would be possible to write a utility that would overcome
>these problems

Of course it is. We'll talk about it when the first problems will
occur. In the meanwhile, I have other fishes to fry. And in fact, we
would very probably need a complex system patch which I won't develop
until I have a custom Flashable ROM Board.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/