[NTLK] FS: Upgraded 2000 with new screen + extras

From: Tom Spielman (tomspielman_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2001 - 01:52:07 EDT

I really hate to do it, but just after getting my Newton back from Apple
Repair, the .com
I worked for went belly up and I ended up with a job that requires me to
lug a rather large laptop around. I ride my bike to work and well... you
get the picture. I need to lighten the load. I'd keep the Newt but we're
saving up for a new Kitchen, so for now, I got to sell old toys to get
new ones.

It was sent to Apple repair because the serial interconnect port caved
in, so while it was there I had them replace the screen.

In addition to the new screen and serial port, my Newt has:

- A Farallon Ethernet card w/2 dongles (one's a 2 port minihub)
- A recently acquired new flip cover
- 8 Mb flash card
- 14.4 modem
- keyboard
- rechargeable battery
- 9 Watt AC Adapter
- battery cage
- serial dongle
- serial cables for Mac and PC
- stylus
- Intact and in place flip cover retaining clips
- original PCMCIA slot protectors
- Newton Nylon Carrying Case
- All the original software including Works, NCU, Nethopper, etc
- the Upgrade CD which has Newton Press and NIE 2.0
- registered copies of PT100 & PocketMoney (is PT100 transferable?)
- the original manuals.

Everything is in great condition.

An upgraded 2000 sold on E-bay a few days ago for over $500 which didn't
appear to be as well equipped as this one. Of course some sell for a lot
less, but I'm hoping for $450. I will be going out of town tomorrow
(Friday) but I'll be back by Sunday evening at which time I'll look at
any offers I get. If two folks make pretty much the same offer,
preference will go to whoever sent it first. I will consider selling
without the ethernet card if you don't need one.

I'm also in the market for a Palm compatible, so if you have one with at
least 8 Mb (preferably with USB cradle) we might be able to work that
into the deal.

Buyer will pay shipping charges from Minneapolis.

Quite honestly, by looking at Ebay, I'm not sure what a reasonable price
to ask is. If your interested, make an offer you feel comfortable with
and we'll go from there. I'll consider all offers I get up until Sunday
evening (around 9:00 pm Central). I'll try to respond to any questions
I get, and I'll probably decide by Monday either to accept one of the
offers or to try my luck on Ebay. I'd really rather sell it to somebody
on the list, but you've probably all got Newts already ;-)

Thanks!