[NTLK] Paris Mapper Modules

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 13:46:13 EDT

For some unknown reasons - maybe out of sentimentality because I lived
there a while ago - I made a couple of modules for Mapper 1.2 (by Mr Tow
and Herr Hussmann). They are three maps of Paris (France, that is). These
maps are greyscale and work on all machines that run OS 2.1 .

They are the RER map
         the Metro map
and the Bus map

all three are based on the maps by the RATP which are available here:

<http://www.ratp.fr/Images/Plans/Pdf/Reseaux/rer.pdf>
<http://www.ratp.fr/Images/Plans/Pdf/Reseaux/metro.pdf>
<http://www.ratp.fr/Images/Plans/Pdf/Reseaux/bus_paris.pdf>

and which are the latest maps as of February 2001 (when I downloaded them).

The PDFs are rather small (vector graphics) but the Mapper modules (bitmap)
are huge.

Here are the details:

NAME SIT Archive PKG installed

RER Mapper Module 1.0.pkg 100K 856K 407,507 bytes

Metro Mapper Module 1.0.pkg 180K 1.1 MB 515,570 bytes

Bus Mapper Module 1.0.pkg 232K 1.6 MB 711,869 bytes

or all three in one PKG with three Subviews:

Paris Mapper Module 1.0.pkg 504K 3.6 MB 1,521,946 bytes

In other words: you need a lot of storage space for any of these maps.

If you're interested, eMail me off-list

<mailto:oky_at_avalon.net?subject=ParisMaps>

and specify which one(s) you'd like to check out. I only send the SIT
archives, not the PKGs uncompressed.

I take no responsibility for any damages (freezes and such) that may result
from the use of these modules. I do not provide "technical support" but I'd
be happy if you care to give me some feedback.

Otto