[NTLK] Flash Card Trade (HELP!)

From: Jonathan A. Rodriguez (cameraboy9_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 20:57:58 EDT

Hello

(I'm new to the list so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong! :-)

  I recently purchased a barely used eMate300 to use for note taking and the
like at school (I'm a college student). It seems that the type of flash card
required for the eMate is somewhat rare; not only does it have to be
non-compact, it has to be non-ATA, it has to be Linear, AND it has to both read
AND write at 5v. I thought I had it right, and bought two 8MB cards, model
number ASCFL008A by a company called SiliconTech (I believe they are SimpleTech
now). Apparently, they are almost the right kind of card: they are Linear, but
both cards are 5v read, 12v write/erase, and thus, won't work in my eMate. They
*will* work in practically every other kind of Newton device, however; so if
there is anyone out there with a 5v/5v card, I'm willing to trade BOTH my 8MB
cards for *one* card that will work with my eMate. The cards are unformatted,
look to be in very nice shape, come with their own little clear plastic
sleeves, and I know how to package them professionally. I am also willing to
trade them in person; I live in the SF Bay Area and have my own car. Can anyone
help? Thanks a MILLION in advance, and sorry for the long shpiel.

Newton Luvver and poor college student,
-Jon