Re: [NTLK] Quoting good or bad?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 20:40:32 EDT

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ed Kummel wrote:

> I'm afraid that this is more than a black or white
> subject. I think that a straight preventing from
> posting is a little too strong. There are some fast
> one-line replies that without the entire previous
> message would be un-intelligible. I think that a

That's why I would initially set the limits very high, basicially to
prevent people from quoting entire digests or forcing people to cut some
of the six full posts with sigs and list footers from their reply.

As for warning without blocking posts, I'm not sure if Listar can do this.
I'll look into it though.