[NTLK] OT: Microsoft joke

From: Lallang_at_aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 16:52:18 EDT

In a message dated 08/07/2001 14:32:45, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com>
writes:

>I'm just
>worried that they're going to end up like Microsoft, where you can
>essentially NEVER find any useful information.

That reminds me of the old Microsoft joke:

A helicopter pilot suddenly finds himself in a fogbank in Redmond, WA and
happens to come across a building. He scribbles, "Where am I?" on a card
and holds it up so the people in the building can see it. They hold up a
card that says, "You're in a helicopter." whereupon he nods and finds his
way again. His passenger asks him how he found out where he was when he got
such useless information. He explains, "Once I saw the reply, I knew I had
to be over the Microsoft campus: They gave me an answer which was
technically accurate but utterly useless."