[NTLK] More RIM/Allpoints cards stuff

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 16:16:12 EDT

Thanks to Peter Cameron, I now have a Megahertz Allpoints card with all
the fixins' and documentation. A quick read of the documentation reveals
that yes, it communicates to a computer via a normal serial connection,
and it can somehow go into an AT command set mode. Basicially, my mode of
attack will be this:

- Figure out how to talk to the card generally, especially to switch it
into AT command set mode (from documentation mostly)
- Get it working on my Windows laptop
- Call and convince Rogers AT&T to give me a Mobitex account and activate
this card (might be hard, depending on the clue factor of the person on
the phone)
- Write a NewtonOS modem definition to have the card 'call' a
TCP/IP gateway on the Mobitex network (might be hard to find this number,
will probably have to tear apart Windows or Newton software)

If anyone has any info they think might be useful, I'd love to hear from
you!