Re: [NTLK] Power was interrupted...

From: zbir_at_urbanape.com
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 16:00:44 EDT

> That seems very strange. I'm out of suggestions right now... What
> happens if you try to put a slight pressure on the screen with the
> stylus, at the location of the close box, but without trying to actually
> close something? Like try to close all application. You should return to
> your backdrop app. Then, try to put pressure with the pen at the
> location where the "X" (or close) button would appear in Date. What
> happens?

See, that was one of my first guesses, that maybe there was some gunk
somewhere along the edge that was somehow doing _something_, and when I
did run a business card under the edge of the screen all around, I did
get a lot of gunk out ( ick ). However, the behavior doesn't seem limited
to any particular spot on the screen.

I'll keep looking into it over the next few days. As long as I'm not
putting it in jeopardy by having it restart so often. Could this be bad
on the hardware?

me = { 'name' : 'Zachery Bir', 'email' : 'zbir_at_urbanape.com',
       'voice' : '(804) 353-3742', 'url' : 'http://www.urbanape.com/' }