Re: [NTLK] Trouble with Eamte to iBook

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 15:34:09 EDT

On 12:12 PM 8/7/01 -0800, Bryan Cantley quoth:
>Thanx Laurent, I am copying the NCU from the CD to my desktop, if that
>is what you mean. Is there another way?
>
>Didn't upgrade the OS, just had to reinstall system software [system 9]

Yeah, updating the OS writes over extensions that NCU needs, so a simple
reinstall will fix things.

Also note that the NCU AppleScript seems to require virtual memory on, so
if you don't want to have that enabled, disable this extension. (how long
did it take me to figure this out? don't ask)

later,
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com
Newton Connections:
         The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web.
http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton. Still intelligent after all these years.