Re: [NTLK] Power was interrupted...

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 14:20:28 EDT

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 zbir_at_urbanape.com wrote:

> Hrm. Just did a new hard reset. Went into Dates, created some stuff, and
> ZAP! turned itself off. Well, I guess I'll be opening it up tonight.
> I've read David Humphrey's site, figuring that that's about all I'll need
> to open it up. While I've got it open, I figured I'd clean the glass
> nicely. Or should I just open it, fix the battery contact, and get it
> back together?
>
> Caveats, anyone?

Well, I was having a very similar problem last year, and decided to open
up my uMP2k and try and fix it... well, after not really being able to
clean the switch and putting things back together, my Newt was dead. I
sent it in to Apple and got it replaced. So, basicially, if you've been
soldering circuits since you were in diapers, then you'll be fine, but if
you're really not hardware-inclined (like me) then stay away from
microelectronics.