Re: [NTLK] wearing out internal memory? (longish)

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 11:00:47 EDT

> > Block size for all linear flash, IIRC, is 64KB.
>
> Ouch! That you'd probably notice. So now, is there some
> utility that can
> be run to detect problems (I'm thinking something similar to
> a HD formatting
> utility that can run tests on the HD.)??
>
> - Eric.

Why?? You can't fix it.
Once it fails, it fails. Period.

What problem do you want to detect?

As soon as a block becomes flaky it is marked as bad and
then unusable.

You can't detect a bad block unless you write/erase it.
Then deciding if it is bad is moot.

I think you will find that your memory will last a lot
longer than the Newton or Memory card it lives in!

Decreased capacity with time is normal.

Don't worry, be happy.

Regards,

PCBman