Re: [NTLK] Boxes of fun (was Krimson)

From: carpman_at_newtontracker.net
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 07:41:04 EDT

> * carpman_at_newtontracker.net on Mon, 06 Aug 2001
> | Note to the unenlightened, this won't work anymore, and in the US, ma'
> | Bell dosn't take kindly to it. :)
>
> Ah... wonderful nostalgia, the notorious redbox created by Captain Crunch.
> None of his stuff works anymore, not in the US anyway, as all of the analog
> switches have been replaced with digital switches that do not rely on tone
> frequencies.

One of the first peices of computer hardware I built was a palmtop (hp100lx) controled red box. It used two Pic micros and two speakers. It didnt work, of course, but it was fun running arround high school with it.

--
| Carpman the Great 	| Guild of the Void Pointer 		|
| Ham Radio Opr: KD5HME | Keeper of the Arcane Dereference 	|