Re: [NTLK] Dateman vs ActionNames

From: Heiko Cultus (Heiko.Cultus_at_edag.de)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 04:18:17 EDT

Steve Lombardi wrote:

> <snip>
> I need something to keep track of people, phone calls to people,
> notes about those phone calls, ToDos and appointments and rtelated
> Notes, etc. For example, I was just on a call and needed to schedule
> a ToDo based on that call, which was a new phone number I need to fax
> something to (off-Newton) and notes about what needs to be in that
> Fax. I could not do this in DateMan without exiting and switching to
> Notes. But then I couldn't link that Note to the new ToDo.
> <snap>

With Dateman you make a new ToDo, then you can choose if you want a note that is
only viewable with the ToDo-> use the Notes-Button in the (DateMan) ToDo-Slip.
If you want to use a normal Note-> Use the" Link To" Point on the Envelope
Button of the ToDo-Slip. Then you can choose a new Note (maybe you must first
choose Notes instead of Names). When you have written the Note, you must select
it in the "Link to" Overview (IMHO DateMan should do this automatical). Now you
have a Note in the Notepad linked with your ToDo without switching to Notes.

Heiko