[NTLK] MessagePad 2000 or 2100 BACKLIGHT brightness/luminance VS. eMate BACKLIGHT brightness/luminance!

From: Gary Zambrano (Gazam_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 18:43:58 EDT

Hello,
I'm wondering if any of you Newton users who may have both an MessagePad
2x00 AND an eMate can compare the brightness of the backlight for me.

I recently attained an eMate and when I held it up in the dark with the
backlight on and compared it to my MP2000, the eMate was brighter in a way
more so than the MP2000.

I remember when I got my used MP2000 about 6 months ago that I compared it
to a MessagePad 130 (which later I sold) and it was brighter than the
130...!

Could it be that the MP 2000 backlight is just fading?

Could it be that my using NiMH RadioShack rechargeables (I'm using
SoftCharge to check battery status) be affecting the luminance as opposed to
the original battery pack that the eMate has?

Or could it simply be that the eMate with it's larger screen and larger
pixels make it really just brighter than the MP2x000 originally.

Your kind help would help me determine the status of my backlight wear.

Thanks for checking!
- Gary Z