[NTLK] New member

From: SupahCoolX (SupahCoolX_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 00:32:22 EDT

Hi there everybody. My name is Anthony Randazzo and I'm new to the
NewtonTalk world. I never paid much attention to the Newton when it was
"alive" because I had no real use for one and couldn't really afford one
then anyway. However, as high school got more involved and college began
to get closer and closer, I got a Handspring Visor to keep track of
everything for school. It served fairly well, but I realized some
shortcomings and took another look at the Newton and realized that it could
handle things much better (darn Graffiti!). I've followed the platform more
in the last few months than I ever have and I've done my share of research.
I am now about to enter college, and I think it would be great to have a
Newt to take notes during class, work on reports and such when away from
home, and the like. It would be a lot easier than carrying several heavy
notebooks around all day as I commute to/from school (about an hour each way
on bus & subway). The one wrench in the situation is that after books,
tuition, etc, I can't really afford a Newt at the time being. If any of you
out there would be willing to help out a financially strapped college guy
with a donation or good deal on a 2.x OS Newton (130 or higher, for the
backlighting and memory space), I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, I'm sure
I'll figure out a way to "officially" get into the Newton community even if
I have to make the transition after school has already started. The fact
that the Newt is still INCREDIBLY useful and valuable so long after it was
discontinued is a real testament to the strength of the platform. Thanks
for keeping the Newt alive and helping me get into the game (even if it is
the 4th quarter). Newt On!
Anthony Randazzo
SupahCoolX_at_mac.com