Re: NTLK Slightly off topic: Dead LaserWriter ?

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 05:51:05 CDT

jceaser wrote:
>So, is there any one out there who use to work with this
> kind of printer? Is it dead?
It should be visible in the AT network but any access should give an
error msg. But maybe not with your special MacOS set-up, which I don't
know. My old LW NT had a similar paper jam problem too as well as a
mechanical problem with the paper tray.
You should open your LW and remove any jammed paper if there is any. If
you cant see anything, try to blow out or vacuum clean all parts which
come in contact with paper or might be blocked by pieces of paper.
Finally try to clean all optical switches which detect jammed paper and
might have gathered dust.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand