Re: NTLK HOW: NCU failing with error -43

From: Jason M. Smith (smithja@cs.unc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:18:22 CDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Based on what you're saying about where the error occurs, it looks like
> it's a communication problem, not a data corruption one. Sometimes, if
> the information you're tryin g to back up are corrupted on your Newton,
> you will get those -1 errors, and the error will always pop up at the
> same place. Doesn't seem to be your case, though.

        Ok, those I've seen as well (it's been a while), and as I recall,
it was in my System data during Backup. I unselected that for Backup, and
it continued just fine.

        Any idea how to stomp *that* little problem?

Jason Smith 353 Sitterson Hall
smithja@cs.unc.edu (919) 962-1821
                http://www.cs.unc.edu/~smithja/