Re: NTLK Battery Leak

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 03:40:06 CDT

Brian Carstensen wrote:
> Everything seems to be working now, except the misc.
> problems I've always had with it. I opened it up and kinda
> blew in it and stuff. I figure it's just luck that I got it
> to work. But yeah. I'm good now. Thanks all.
I wouldn't believe so. You should try to wash the parts which have been
covered with the accu liquid. Washing with a wet (from water) cotton tip
should remove or at least disollute the acid. If they remain on the
board they might start to eat up metallic parts as soon as they get a
little bit humidity (like dew if you put the cold MP in to a warm and
humid room). You might also try flux removal spray.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: