Re: NTLK MP 2000 Upgrade question

From: Alex Karahalios (alex@karahalios.org)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 03:19:03 CDT

on 9/4/00 7:13 PM, Jimmy Flores at smtcb@swbell.net wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be difficult to upgrade the 2000 using the 2100.
> I know when I upgraded my old emate, it was as easy as installing ram in a
> computer. I know the MP is a different beast and opening it is not easy, but
> is the actual process of upgrading it as simple? i.e. can I take a chip out
> of one and put it in the other?

The upgrade consist of new memory chips soldered onto the mother board.
These are surface mounted chips and are very difficult to unsolder from your
2100 and transplant to your 2000. You are better off getting new memory
chips for your 2000.

> Along with your comments, any sites detailing the process of upgrading
> and/or opening your mp2k would be appreciated. I seem to remember one with
> pictures.

Try this URL for 2000 to 2100 upgrade:

    http://user.chollian.net/~cehz/

Alex Karahalios