Re: NTLK MacOS for Newton

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 03:15:18 EDT

On 4/20/2000 8:32 AM, Robert Benschop
[mailto:robertbenschop@bigfoot.com] wrote:

>Can you post it somewhere ?
>In case you don't have the original package anymore you can get it out with
>PackageBuddy and Bill from Info-Newt probably wouldn't mind to have this on
>his ftp server.
>

>Robert Benschop

Sure!

To post something to the Info-Newt FTP site "Contributions" area, you can
either go DIRECTLY to ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Contributions/ (do NOt go
to some other spot on the FTP site and navigate there!!!!). If you go
directly to that URL you will be prompted for a username and password.
Use "newtgifts" for both the ID and password and you'll be able to upload
to that directory. The above requires and FTP client that can upload.

Or, from a web browser, go to
http://www.info-newt.com/archives/Contributions/

At the bottom of that web page is a little "upload" form. Use the
"Browse" button to select the file from your hard disk you want to
upload. Then, when the pick-a-file dialog goes away and you're back at
the web page, click the UPLOAD button.

Or you can just email it to me if it's not too huge.

newton@ecity.net
billdavis@info-newt.com

In ANY event, please email me to let me know what you've uploaded and a
description of it. Please do not post commercial software (freeware,
shareware, demoware is OK). Stuff that appears there without me being
able to tell what it is gets tossed. ;-)

IMPORTANT: If you point people to that directory as being a source to
download it, be aware that it WILL be moved eventually. It'll be copied
to the appropriate category folder on the site, as well as (for a few
months) to the /Recent directory on the site too.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!