Re: NTLK PowerNote?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 01:26:06 EDT

On 4/19/2000 4:19 PM, JForsterMD@aol.com [mailto:JForsterMD@aol.com]
wrote:

>I enjoyed the pictures. Someone certainly went to a lot of trouble. I can
>only assume that someone, somewhere tried to make a Mac "WINCE" like
>machine. The pictures go to a lot of trouble trying to prove that it
>exists. I wonder whether it was a big hoax. I do not know whether I would
>want it. It would still probably take 2 minutes to boot, etc. jf

I'm not sure what the Newton screen shots "running" MacOS were (but they
were almost certainly a hoax or joke program) but the PowerNote ones were
probably a PC subnotebook running a Mac emulator (of which there are
several on PC's and even one or two Mac emulators that run on Macs!)

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!