NTLK Forbes

From: kevin webb (webb3201@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 13:38:59 EDT

>Forbes magazine online gives a glowing report on Apple's current state.
>One paragraph, however, scolds it for lacking a handheld device...

>I'll be the first to admit that I'm anxious to see a new PDA from Apple;
but I'm puzzled by the assertion that the >company *needs* to enter this
category, as if continued corporate health somehow depends on it.

I believe Forbes is affirming the thought of many that for a company to
excel at the enterprise level (as an OEM), they must address the increased
reliance on the Enterprise to handheld computing. As PDA type devices
become more common, vendors are expected to offer options or to provide
support for them. I know that when we implement solutions for clients, our
consultants spend much more time than you would think working to make sure
users can access information and infrastructure via PDA.
We may be closer to the "network computer" that is trumpeted every few years
(for enterprises)

Apple obviously does very well in the consumer market, but as they attempt
to move into the enterprise over the next year, the lack of a PDA solution
needs to be addressed. Forbes was speaking specifically about this
corporate environment .

kevin

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!