NTLK Help needed: Newton 120

From: Andrew Sorensen (ajstudio@alaska.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 00:07:29 EDT

I picked up a Newton 120 at a garage sale today. Its got a connection
kit, a modem card, some boxed software along with the original pen
and AC adapter.

However, I cannot seem to get much up on the screen besides the
Newton logo and/or the keyboard view. It will let me enter text and
it will ask me if I want to add a word to the word list. I can also
enter text by using the stylus in the little box, and erase text by
scribbling it out. But other than these things, I can't seem to get
anything else to function. I can't get into any of the options at the
bottom of the screen such as 'Names', 'Dates', 'Extras', 'Undo' ,
'Find', or 'Assist. Tapping those just toggles me back and forth
between the Newton 'lightbulb' screen and the keyboard screen.

Any hints on what is going on here or did I buy a hosed unit?

Thanks for any/all suggestions.

Andy
ajstudio@alaska.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the