NTLK Pretec

From: Prentiss.Gray@gecits.ge.com
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 10:31:54 EDT

Mike O'brien said:

        I did. I ordered one from their web site and got confirmatory
email that they'd received the order.

        Three weeks later I got an email: We can't sell to you at
that price. Please reorder at our new price (about double the old one).

        I don't even think this is legal. Beware.

Mike, It is perfectly legal to ask you to pay more, they can ask you
anything they want. However, it is not legal in most states to refuse to
sell something for the advertised price. Now, how do you get them to give
you the card at the original price? The better business bureau, proof, and
a lot of perseverance. Like most of us you're a nice guy and you cut them
some slack or you couldn't be bothered to fight them to the death. (sucker)
Join the club!

Prentiss Gray

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!