Re: speed increase? || was -> NTLK new NCU version!

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 14:21:22 EDT

* doppler <doppler@mac.com> on Wed, 12 Apr 2000
| has anyone really noticed a speed bump? i patched my nck yesterday and tried
| to synch and backup. i think that the patch was somewhat faster, but not
| much. it took about 6 minutes to synch my newt with the mac - 2419k in all.
| 56k.pkg installed.

Well, you are going from 38400 bps to 57600 bps, which is a 50% increase.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!