NTLK RE: Pretec Card Problem

From: Khaled M. Z. Tewfik (khaledt@mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:00:59 EDT

------------------
>I had to put the card in another handheld to reformat it. Since then, it has
>been fine.
>
>--
>Chris Browne
>Auckland, New Zealand
------------------
I guess I now have to give up. I have tried all the advise I got to no avail. The Newton still insists that the card is write protected, hence, a re format is impossible.

The only thing I could not do is to insert the card without having the Newton attempt activating it. I tried pressing on all conceivable Screen areas but I never got the message asking if I want to not activate the packages (or something of that sort).

Can any one mail me a sketch attachment showing the right spot on the screen to press while inserting the card.

Thanks.

Dr. Khaled M. Tewfik,
Saudi Arabia

\\ /,