NTLK URGENT:emate 300 stylus problems.....

From: karl (karl@krowlands.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 20:40:29 EDT

Can anyone out there help me?

I am a computer technician at a school in shropshire,UK. We have about 20
Emate 300's, all of which were fine till about christmas. Some have odd
power habits-not powering on, followed by booting once lid closed with
"battery dead" messages, power light on green but no action, and general
problems like that.

one in particular has the problem that it isn't really usable by the kids
because it continually shows the "align Pen" screen. Not Really a problem,
but it will NOT recognise the stylus. At all. Other emates can read it OK,
but I can't even reset this one because I can't hit yes to confirm reset!!

Any Ideas? I can't find any info on screen problems to do with the stylus
that cover this.

An expensive fix may not be possible due to a low IT budget, so any ideas
gratefully received! My e-mail address is Karl@krowlands.freeserve.co.uk if
this helps.

Many thanks!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the