NTLK D-Link Ethernet PC Card

From: Requa, Ralph K. (SFMH) (RREQUA@chw.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:02:08 EDT

MicroConnection lists a D-Link DE-660CT ethernet PC Card for $45.99, which
sounds like a great deal if this model is functionally the same as the 660
that was suggested:

>Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:30:10 -0400
>From: Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>

>You can also find D-Link DE-660 cards for cheap at various "warehouse"
stores like MicroCenter. Either of these cards (I've used both) work just
fine with
the atlan3 driver.

Worryingly MicroConnection's writeup refers to buzzword features like "Turbo
Power," "20 Mbps Full Duplex," "Faster Speed," and "Snap-in Installation"
("MobilNET’s driver programs automatically search for and assign an
available IRQ and I/O address. With the hot-swap support, users can plug in
the card and connect it to the network anytime without any need to
configure") which all make me wonder if this will work with our Newtons.

http://www2.warehouse.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=DEC3610

Does anybody know if this card works? I'd love to have a new ethernet PC
Card for my Newton for $46.
Ralph K. Requa, MSPH
Center for Sports Medicine

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the