Re: NTLK - How can I get my emails?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 13:54:57 EDT

flavioackel@ig.com.br wrote:

> Hi, this is my first message.
>
> I've bought a Newton MessagePad 130.
> I live in Sao Paulo - Brazil.
> I want to know if there's a way to get email, with my newton,
> everywhere.
> I have a 14.4 Motorola Card Modem for it.
> I want to know: Can I connect my modem to a phone line, dial to my
> internet acess provider and using POP and SMTP, get my emails?

Sure you can. You would need to install the "Newton Internet Enabler",
version 1.1 (available from Apple's FTP server), and then pick an email
software. I would recommend SimpleMail.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!