Re: NTLK revert to previous system?

From: charlie allom (charlie@rubberduck.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 16:06:28 EST

on 31/3/2000 8:36 PM, Paul Guyot at pguyot@pnm-consulting.com wrote:

>>> My guess is that you can remove Paul's system update with a brain wipe,
>>> Paul ?
>>>

>> or is the ROM set for life, until someone would write an upgrader that
>> downgraded...

> There are three methods to revert to a previous system update:
> (a) use a special package that removes the current one, and install a new one.
> (b) install a system update with a lower code, and install over it the new
> one.
> (c) install a modified system update which installs whatever the code is.

that's what i meant! patience leads to good writing skills =)

thanks for all that info Paul, i don't wish to downgrade at all but it's
just one of things i was wanting to know. curiosity.

i love just poking around the newt just to see what everyone else is on
about. same stands for most things. insatiable quest for (usually) useless
knowledge =)

--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!