Re: NTLK RE: AvailWorks vs. NewtonWorks with Dr.

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 09:32:48 EST

You CAN unload it from your Newton- write down any serial # or anything
that it shows in the about window, just in case. There's a package called
PDA Package Extractor ( or similar).
It unloads packages from the newt back to the desktop as a .pkg.
Sorry I don't recall who wrote it, but it's around on AMUG or similar sites.

It may work with AW, definitely worth a try if you don't want to erase it
and lose it permanently. If you have 2 cards, perhaps extract it to the
desktop, then load that extraced .pkg to the other card just to test- then
you can delete both of the installed versions.

Brian

>Keep AW, not only is it worth US$79.95, but it has features I have not
>found in other apps. Keep it on a card till you need it, trust me, you
>will. ;-)
>
>BTW,

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!