RE: NTLK More Freeware Releases from Adam Tow incl. HYPERNEWT

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 05:31:57 EST

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 Bill Davis wrote:

-----------
>5-8 seconds? Wow! My 400Mhz Dell at work doesn't get my site anywhere
>near that fast (Netscape) Just how fast *IS* your 'net link and PC?
>Remember the 2100 is only 162Mhz! Are you doing a fair comparison? I'd
>say not.
Newtscape is fast enough for me, especially with my 56K modem. Not for browsing in the real sense, but rather, downloads of links where I search for updated info. I schedule up to 7 websites daily each averaging 45K to 85K and all pages gets downloaded in about the time it takes me to brush my teeth (3 mins?). I find it inconvenient to sit in front of my Powerbook accessing all these 7 Sites in one sitting while having them in my Newt makes it really convenient to "browse" while on the go.

I guess what I'm trying to say is forget raw speed. It is not a fair comparison. It is its practical application that makes sense to me whenever I use Newtscape.

Just my 2 sense ;-)

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!