NTLK URGENT: eMate touch screen not responding!

From: Corey Reid (CoreyR@CHANCERY.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 13:08:32 EST

Dear NewtonTalk members:

I opened up my beloved eMate and heard a slight cracking sound. Everything seemed fine, but now the touch screen doesn't respond. The keyboard works, but the screen seems completely insensitive.

I switched the unit off and on a few times, to no avail. I disconnected the power and then reconnected and switched it on, and now the right hand side of the screen is banded -- every other line is blank. I tried the restart switch, and now it's trying to recalibrate itself to the way I hold the pen, and waiting for me to tap in the top left corner -- and of course since it's not noticing any touches, nothing is happening. Help!

Reply directly to me, if you think you can help. I'd be ever so grateful.

Corey

email: coreyr@chancery.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!