Re: NTLK getting items OUT (was AvailWorksvs.NewtonWorkswith... )

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 10:59:42 EST

Brian McEwen wrote:

> >You know, even if the PrintPack doesn't specifically supports the latest
> >printer
> >models, usually you can pick a model in PrintPack that was a previous
> >model for the
> >same kind of printer. For instance, the "HP LaserJet" driver will print to
> >most HP
> >LaserJet based printers. Most of the recent models always support an older
> >protocol
> >that came on an older printer. So, sometimes you might just want to try
> >and see if
> >it works.
>
> Well, I'm not able to print to an HPdeskjet 540, using what should be the
> correct driver (according to Printpack 2.0 .pdf docs), and I tried using
> the older suggested Brother laser driver for my Brother HL-1250, and the
> Canon BJ10ex driver for a Canon BJ200ex, with no luck.
>
> I've ben meaning to grab the manuals from the vaious manufacturers web
> sites to find out which of those printers have an ":Epson LQ" mode, and
> then in theoy that driver would work, but I've not got around to that yet.
>
> PLUS, I'm supposed to have a "LaserjetII" driver in the printpack 2.0
> (according to the .pdf) but I only have a "Laserjet".
>
> I posted baout this a few days ago but received no replies, so had kinda
> written off being able to print, based on lack of any useful drivers. If
> I'd bought the printpack just for the MP, I'd be very annoyed!

Hmmm. What kind of cable are you using between your MP and your printer?

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!