NTLK Two new books

From: mcw (mcw@wam.umd.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 12:50:23 EST

Hi, everyone,

I've posted two open source documents on my web site,
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~mcw/pooter/newton.htm. These are newtonbooks
in MP2000 format for "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" and "Homesteading
the Noosphere." They are in relatively large (and bolded) type, so
that I can read them most easily.

I think one of these already exists in Newtonbook format, but I
haven't heard of the other one. If you are interested in the open
source movement NOT for its programming aspect but more for its social
contract, collaborative learning, and so on, these are great reads.
I'm no programmer, but the open source idea is starting to guide some
of my thinking in academia (especially in a distribution project of
various ideas...). If anyone else is interested, read away...

ciao
michael
   Dr. Michael Wittmann
   Physics Department