Re: NTLK pcmcia flash cards in laptops

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 03:07:54 EST

--- "Alexander W. Hertzog"
<newton_nicodemus@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all, in my ongoing quest to be as lazy as
> possible about transferring
> files between my powerbook and my newton, i have
> embraced irDa instead of
> buying a serial adapter. And now, I've hit upon a
> new idea (new to me
> anyway). I put my flash card in my powerbook and
> it's recognized at least
> on some level.

But it won't work on the powerbook, it's formatted for
the Newt

I get an icon for the card on the
> desktop, and the standard
> "opening this icon does nothing" message, but is
> there any way to move
> files between the MacOS and the newton-formatted
> card? If there isn't, why
> the heck not?!?! :)

Because the Newt is not a Mac! You get this same error
when you try and stick a Mac disk into a PC, or a PC
disk into a Mac (with out the PC drivers installed on
the Mac, of course) The card is formatted for the Newt
and the Mac doesn't understand the say that the Newt
formatted it. Hey, just because the Newt has an
"Apple" logo, doesn't mean that it has be work with
Apple machines...
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!