NTLK Re: Severe Jaggies Problem :-(

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 21:05:40 EST

>Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:24:10 -0600
>From: Matt Garrison <iluvmacs@mac.com>
>Subject: Severe Jaggies Problem :-(
>
>Hey all, I've got a Newton 2100 (upgrade) that is having the infamous
>"jaggies" problem. It affects the lower right quadrant of the
>screen, including the button bar (very annoying to tap the wrong
>thing!). I've ran paper, etc. under the plastic around the screen
>several times (probably 20 by now...) and it's not helping a bit.
>I've noticed that if I let it sit w/o batteries for about 15 minutes,
>it won't have the problem for the first 2 minutes or so of power-up
>(any connection, or just coincidence?). When running the paper over
>the screen, I've noticed that the plastic on the lower left side is
>somewhat tighter on the screen than other places, could this mean
>anything? And just a note, the screen was replaced about a year ago.
>Does anyone have any ideas? This is getting REALLY annoying! Thanks
>in advance,

Its unclear if you have a hardware or software problem. Try this: place
a small piece (0.12" wide X 1" long) of thin plastic or cardboard under
different parts of the screen/case area, especially in the lower right
quadrant and see if that clears it up. If it does, you have some crud
which won't dislodge easily. You will need to take the case off and
clean under it to clear up the problem.

The Folks at NuShield

NuShields, your best defense against screen scratches and abrasion.
Get them at: http://www.NuShield.net

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!