RE: NTLK Newton RAM question

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 02:37:59 EST

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 2:28 PM, Humphreys, David
<mailto:david.humphreys@honeywell.com> wrote:
> A grayscale image contains only luminance information and so a color
image
> cannot be constructed from the information.
>
> Simply put, certain color values will have the same luminance value and
> therefore will be impossible to map back to the original color because
that
> information is missing.

I think the question would be, does the Newton retain this color info in
the first place. If it just discards it, then it's a hopeless cause. If, on
the other hand, it retains it, but the display just doesn't display it,
then it should be theoretically possible, right? For instance, if you have
a greyscale monitor set up on your computer. Is it not receiving both
signals, but just ignoring the chromo? Not that I hold much hope of this
happening (I do own a 130) but am curious. :-)

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5@aol.com>