Re: NTLK WriteStuff v WorksBetter

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 12:53:56 EST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 Stephen Beesley wrote:

-----------
>Kenny,
>
>Thanks for the info - I had a mental block and just
>could not remember the name of the other package.
>
>I guess my next question to you and the other Newton
>Talkers if whether anybody can give me some feedback
>on the pros and cons of the two packages.
-----------
Stephen,
I have used both and each has it's strength. Both are excellent enhancement for Works.

WorksBetter's advantage is size and the fact that all plug-ins are contained in a single package. The downside is it's all or none. Write Stuff allows you to install only the plug-ins you want/need.

Everything else is closely contested. The Write Stuff interface looks nicer. The 2 Wordcount pkgs return different results with Works Better counting faster. If its any consolation, they're only about 1-2 % off.

I like Worksbetter's Keycaps like feature. Write Stuff's answer is Chart Picker but it does not show the selected fonts. It only shows the System font unlike WB.

You can download WB from SAS for a test drive but you can't with Write Stuff. If you like, I can E-Mail you it's Readme or fax you the Feature list (with snapshots). It's a 2 sheet A4 document.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0b5>

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!