Re: NTLK Newton Phone Question

From: David Brain (davidbr@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 05:41:17 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Marco Mailand <Marco.Mailand@psi.ch>
To: <newtontalk@planetnewton.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: NTLK Newton Phone Question

> joe wrote:
> How difficult would it be to create a program that would utlize the
> Newt as a phone unto itself?
> Y'know, talking into the mic and listening through the speaker.
I thought about that one too. It would require internal switches of the
change over type to reconnect MIC and SP to something else. This
'something' will have to have at least a voltage regulator which
provides the 'handset lifted' current and protects the Newton against
the 40V of the phone line. And there are amplifiers and/or attenuators
needed to adapt the phone line levels to the Newton's MIC and SP levels.
May be one would be able to modify a small Audioline phone to be built
into the Newton and drive the internal MIC and SP. However, the space
inside the Newt is very limited.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Has anyone here ever tryed modifyong their newt in any way? If so how did you do it and what did you do?

Thanks

David

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing ****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!