NTLK Brainwipes

From: T.M. Camp (tmcamp@fusionary.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 15:37:44 EST

So, here's a question: How often do you do a brainwipe?

I assume the purpose is to do a periodic "cleaning" of your internal store
every so often in order to prevent fragmentation, increase speed, etc.

What's the best procedure for doing a brainwipe? I usually:
(1) Do a full back up to a card (or two, just to be safe)
(2) Hard reset
(3) Restore from card

Am I doing this right? I always wondered if doing a complete restore from a
card would somehow just "copy" the conditions that existed prior to the wipe
(including any problems).

Any thoughts?

T.M.
(Who would be overjoyed if he could figure out why NCU constantly crashes
during backups, forcing him to do all backups to a flash card.)
   Fusionary Media tmcamp@fusionary.com
   820 Monroe Ave NW, Suite 212 616.454.2357 voice
   Grand Rapids, MI 49503 616.454.6827 fax

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!