Re: NTLK Waterproof case for all newtons

From: Greg Goodwin (drclu@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 07:20:35 EST

I have used Newtons in the field, in the rain, with a zip lock bag
over it. It does work well.

     But remember, plastic bags like that do tend to conduct static
electricity. When you get a chance, put a flash light bulb in a bag,
close the bag, and then move it around. The bulb will flash on and off
as it is moved around.

     So a good temporary solution in a pinch, not good for any real
length of time.

     Doctor Clu

Previously...

Be very careful on so called "zip lock" bags! All I
can say is, remember the commercial? (for those who
don't watch TV, or live outside the states, there's
two zip lock bags and some tomato sause..."yellow and
blue make green", which would you rather use?) Don't
skimp on quality (what's 25 cents when your Newt is
concerned!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Prentiss.Gray@gecits.ge.com wrote:
> waterproof case for your
> newtons, pilots, gameboys etc. Try what I do.
> Ziplock bags are good to
> about 12 feet underwater. Actually, I just don't
> have the guts to test it
> any further. Makes a perfect bath time safety
> measure and you can
> write/gesture right through the bag. They come in
> all sizes and they are
> amazingly waterproof.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!