NTLK White Backlight Kit

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys@honeywell.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 09:07:22 EST

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you all know of my progress in a replacement backlight
for MP2x00.

I am in negotiation with a supplier for a white backlight using LED
technology.
Only a few years ago, this would not have been possible in a hand-held due
to limited output and current drain. Advances in manufacturing have made
possible a white LED with low current drain and high output.

In order to keep costs to a minimum, I intend to offer this modification as
a kit.
It will contain explicit instructions on how to do it.
This means that you must be comfortable with opening your Newt and soldering
two wires to strategic points. The soldering is NOT on fine pitch or small
parts.

Of course, any unofficial modification will void the Apple warranty.

The cost has yet to be determined but expect around $85.

I am asking for SERIOUS requests at this time.

If you would like this AND you don't mind opening your machine AND you can
follow instructions AND you can solder, then please reply to
david.humphreys@honeywell.com">http://david.humphreys@honeywell.com

When you reply, please delete all the above so that I don't have tons to
read.

Include an email address where you can be contacted.

If you require further info then make the subject line 'White Backlight Kit:
Info'.

Regards,
David Humphreys
PCB Designer